The property market on Spain’s Costa del Sol has long been an attractive destination for UK investors. The natural beauty, Mediterranean climate and growth potential have made this region a sought after location for property investment. With the help of spanish solicitors we can make investments safely and have all the information we need.
To ensure that these investments are successful and legally protected, it is crucial to have the advice and support of a team of lawyers specialising in Spanish law. This makes it essential to turn to these professionals to make safe property investments on the Costa del Sol, benefiting from their intervention in matters of contracting, tax issues and other relevant aspects.
Malaga, a destination full of opportunities
Malaga and the Costa del Sol, located in the region of Andalusia in southern Spain, have experienced significant growth in recent years as a destination for property investment. Cities such as Torremolinos, Marbella, Fuengirola and Benalmádena top the list of the most sought-after destinations in this area.
The Costa del Sol is known for its beautiful golden sandy beaches and enviable Mediterranean climate. Add to these attractions the rich cultural heritage and growth potential for businesses, and the Costa del Sol has become a popular destination for investors.
With its charming old town, imposing cathedral and renowned museums, such as the Picasso Museum and the Thyssen Museum, Malaga offers a diverse and attractive cultural offering for residents and visitors alike. This cultural richness has helped to position Malaga as an emerging cultural destination in Spain and Europe.
In recent years, Malaga has experienced significant growth as an investment centre for technology companies. The city has developed a thriving entrepreneurial ecosystem, promoting innovation and attracting startups and technology companies from various sectors. This has been achieved in part thanks to the presence of technology parks, tax advantages for companies and research centres, as well as a strong digital and telecommunications infrastructure.
Property investment in Malaga: expert legal advice on buying property on the Costa del Sol
The property market on Spain’s Costa del Sol has long been an attractive destination for UK investors. The natural beauty, Mediterranean climate and growth potential have made this region a sought after location for property investment. With the help of our property investment advice, we can make investments safely and securely and have all the information we need.
To ensure that such investments are successful and legally protected, it is crucial to have the advice and support of a team of lawyers specialising in Spanish law. This makes it essential to turn to these professionals to make safe property investments on the Costa del Sol, benefiting from their intervention in matters of contracting, tax issues and other relevant aspects.
Experts in real estate contracting for detailed information at all times.
One of the key areas in property investment is contracting. When purchasing a property on the Costa del Sol, it is essential to have a team of lawyers specialising in Spanish law who can review and draft the various contracts.
These contracts must accurately reflect the agreements between the parties involved, protect the interests of the investor and ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Real estate lawyers know the specific clauses and terms that must be included in the contracts to safeguard rights and mitigate risks.
In addition, the legal team will conduct a thorough due diligence on the property in question. This involves verifying the ownership of the land, investigating whether there are any encumbrances or encumbrances on the property, such as a previous mortgage affecting the property, and ensuring that it complies with all planning and environmental regulations. These aspects are crucial to avoid unpleasant surprises in the future and to ensure a safe investment.
Another relevant factor when investing in real estate on the Costa del Sol is the fiscal aspects. Real estate transactions have tax implications for both residents and non-residents in Spain. A team of lawyers specialising in Spanish law will be able to advise the investor on the taxes associated with buying, owning and selling a property in the area.
For example, in Spain there is transfer tax (ITP) which is levied on the purchase of second hand properties, and value added tax (VAT) which is applied in the case of new homes. Non-residents should also be aware of the tax obligations related to the declaration of income tax generated by the rental of the property. A team of experienced lawyers can advise on the best tax strategies and help optimise the property investment.
Also Read: Luxury Real Estate in France and Europe
They can also advise on the most appropriate legal structure to carry out the investment, whether through incorporation, personal incorporation, community of property or any other legal form. This choice can have significant legal and tax implications, so it is essential to have the knowledge and experience of specialist lawyers.
All the services on which we may need advice
These are some of the services in which we can receive advice from experts in Spanish and EU legislation:
- Property sales and leases: in an operation that may require a significant investment, such as a sale and purchase, or a contract full of obligations and also rights, such as a lease, it is essential to have expert legal advice so that everything goes as we wish.
- Segregation, grouping and division of properties: Spanish legislation allows the owners of a property to carry out all these operations. However, it is necessary to have all the right information to avoid overpaying and to have the necessary permits.
- Declarations of new construction: Spanish law requires a document for new constructions that includes the project, building permit, notarial deed that includes these aspects and the payment of fees and taxes.
- Advice on town planning matters: having detailed information and managing all the administrative, legal and fiscal documentation is easier if we have the help of an expert in Spanish national law.
- Processing of inheritances and wills: it is essential to ensure that our will is faithfully expressed and that it respects our wishes in order to pass on our assets, and with the help of experts in inheritance law we will be able to give legal validity to our will.
- Tax advice for non-residents in Spain: each State has its own tax laws. In case of having our habitual residence outside Spain, but having properties on the Costa del Sol, it is important to know the most advantageous tax regulations for us and avoid overpaying in our tax returns.
In short, a lawyer who is an expert in Spanish law is a fundamental help in managing our properties on the Costa del Sol.